Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Curried Turkey Salad



Thanksgiving dinner is my favorite meal of the year.  I have been menu planning that day, since about 3rd grade (my friends can confirm this), but if I had to load up one more plate of  leftovers I would  lose my mind (or cookies).  Yet, I don't want to waste that delicious bird I labored over.  So for lunch today, I put the turkey to new use and it is DELICIOUS (and wicked protein packed, for those of you who care about that).
 
 2 cups cooked turkey breast
1 cup full fat Greek yogurt
1 T curry powder
3 T agave nectar
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup dried cranberries (or raisins)
3 T. finely chopped raw onion

Mix Greek yogurt  (it is already strained, but I set it in a few coffee filters to 
get a bit more moisture off.  For sure use the full fat and Greek yogurt, 
as the lighter versions will make this watery) with the curry powder, agave 
nectar and sea salt.  

Then stir in the turkey (or chicken breast...whatever you have on hand), 
dried cranberries and chopped onion. 

Garnish with sea salt roasted (or raw) cashews and serve on a 
bed of greens or pop it in a sandwich!

YUM!!!  Put those leftovers to work!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment