Sunday, April 7, 2013

Lasagna Bread Bakers

All the goodness of lasagna, piled high on french bread...need I say more? 

In a large skillet heat one tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat and add:
1 lb ground beef, bison or turkey
1/3 cup onion
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp cracked black pepper

After the meat-of-choice is browned add 3 cups of marinara, 
1 T. tomato paste and 2 T agave nectar. 

This creates an exceptional bolognese sauce.  Set aside. 
You can even make the night before and pop in the refrigerator.

 In a bowl mix 1 cup ricotta cheese, 1/3 c finely shredded parmesan.
(the stuff in the green can will work just fine...promise!)

To the cheese add 1 tsp dried basil, 1 tsp onion powder, 
1 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp sea salt.
Cut one loaf of french bread in half.  Be smarter than me and transfer
the cut bread to the baking sheet, at this point.

 Top with the cheese mixture.

Then top with the bolognese sauce.

Then top with a mix of equal parts shredded parmesan and mozzarella cheeses.

Bake in a 375 degree preheated oven.

Bake for 15-17 minutes, until the cheese on top is bubbly and starting to brown.

Use a pizza wheel to cut into chunks and serve with a green salad.  

This is sure to please everyone!
(and is a great way to use up bolognese leftovers, if you have them on hand!)

2 comments:

  1. I wish you were in my kitchen making this for dinner for me RIGHT NOW!! Yum (and I don't say that about a lot these days!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure wish I was back to take care of you a bit...I would put on some excellent movies (never been kissed, 16 candles, yada yada...) and cook whatever you are craving. xoxo.

      Delete