Sunday, November 18, 2012

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes



I don't think I can state enough how easy it is to whip up something
dang tasty and original, starting with a simple box of cake mix.  Once
again, I am getting my pumpkin harvest on with these little beauties.

1 box of vanilla or white cake mix (to yield 9x13 pan)
1 cup of pure pumpkin puree
2 eggs
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp pure almond extract
1/4 tsp grated nutmeg (or ground nutmeg)

Mix all the above goodies and add 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips.

Bake at 350 degrees in paper lined cupcake tray for 18-19 minutes.

Remove from oven and allow to cool, then top with my ridiculous frosting!

*10 out of 10 people agree that these treats are needed at your Thanksgiving dessert table!


(* = I would imagine they would say that!)

2 comments:

  1. ok, i hope this comment works, second try here... So those cupcakes were SO good that I was wishing we had some at my house today - great job! Also, we really enjoyed the pecans added to the ol' MN favorite wild rice. thanks again for having us over for dinner, will have to get together again soon...maybe Christmas cookie baking with the kiddos??

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too funny with your asterisk.

    I wish I liked pumpkin. They sound SO GOOD, but I'm just can't do pumpkin. Pumpkin soup yes, but pumpkin desserts, no. Yes, I know I'm an odd duck in this regard.

    ReplyDelete