Thursday, March 29, 2012

Iced Coffee



My friend, Em, was visiting a couple of weeks ago and when we were out and about she picked up an iced coffee at Starbucks.  As I snuck a few sips I was reminded how much I love that stuff and then started thinking, why doesn't my inner barista do some magic at home and make a little iced coffee to beat the (way too early) spring heat! 



What you need:
2 cups of deliciously strong coffee 
(I make my coffee in an stove top espresso maker)
2 cups of milk (preferably 2% or whole milk)
2 T Sugar

Pour 2 cups of hot, strong coffee into
the vessel you will store the iced drink in
and add 2 tablespoons of sugar, stir until
dissolved.

After sugar is completely dissolved
in the coffee, add 2 cups of milk and
you are set to you!  Cool in refrigerator,
and serve over ice.  Makes 4 delish glasses.
Keeps well for up to 3 days. 

As for me, I am off to sip my iced coffee and read on
a blanket in the backyard, while my little sweets naps. 



3 comments:

  1. This looks like pure heaven and I want to be there with you. Remember when you got me hooked on this delicious iced coffee last summer (with a little oreo on the side!)? I think it's time to reinstate my afternoon iced coffee, especially since it's going to be 80 on Sunday in Minnesota! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at how cute you stage your photos! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I be you, when I grow up?

    ReplyDelete