Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Gluten Free Peanut Butter Crunchy Balls





I have been meaning to post this FOREVER.  For all my GF lovelies out there, this one is for you!!!  My sister-in-law, who is plagued with crazy food allergies, had a variety of GF treats at Christmas.  One was the inspiration for this treat.  I say 'inspiration', as I begged for the recipe (ahem, Emily...still love you), but never received it...but, I really don't think I am too far off. 



4 & 1/2 cups Gluten Free Rice Krispies
3 cups Confectioner's Sugar
1 & 1/2 cups Peanut Butter
1 & 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
1 bag of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips

Do you have one of these little measuring gizmos?
They are crazy fantastic for measuring things like
peanut butter and honey.  They sell them at
most kitchen or baking supply stores.

If you have a food processor (no worries if you don't this
can all be done with a little stirring...I am just all about shortcuts)
Combined Confectioner's Sugar, Sea Salt, Peanut Butter and GF Rice Krispies
(reserve 1 cup of Rice Krispies for later, so just pulse 3 & 1/2 cups in the food processor)
Pulse until it is all combined and the consistency of a stiff cookie dough)

She always says, 'I push mommie's buttons???' when
I pull out a food processor or blender.  God love her. 

Pulse until it is all combined and the consistency of a stiff cookie dough
(you don't need to roll it into a ball, I just did this so you could truly see the thick consistency of the dough)

Stir in the reserved cup of GF Rice Krispies

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper

Use a small cookie scoop  (I don't know the scoop number off hand,
but it is ~2 tablespoon scoop).  If you don't have scoop, no worries, just
eyeball small clumps of dough...these are homemade, so they don't need to be perfzy!

If you didn't use a scoop (or have an even smaller scoop than
my ~2 T scoop), you can skip this process.  I cut the
dough in half, as these should be bite size treats. 

The newly cut clumps, rolled into perfect little balls.  I place
them in the freezer for 20 minutes, to make them easy to dip in
the chocolate. 

Over low/medium heat, place a couple inches of
water in a saucepan and place a glass or stainless bowl that
fits securely on top of the saucepan (the water should not touch the bottom
of the roll when it is simmering).  Stir until smooth and melty. 

Dip the Peanut Butter Crunchy Balls in the melted chocolate
and return to the parchment paper lined baking sheet to
set.  You can place in the refrigerator, if patience isn't your strong suit

I dare you to let them fully set, before you pop one of these morsels of goodness in your kisser. 

1 comment:

  1. Those look delicious. ymm! Another trick for perfectly portioned cookies if you dont have a disher is to roll ouf a " snake" and slice.

    ReplyDelete