Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Making your life a little easier: Cookie Tip


Many apologies on the craptastic camera phone photo. 
Our camera is in Denver, and I am not...and the blog must go on!

I was making cookies the other night to take to a picnic in the park with friends, and quickly realized I needed to bring treats to a couple more events during our week, so I doubled the recipe, baked off what I need for said picnic date and scooped out the additional dough onto a lined cookie sheet and popped it in the freezer.  Once the dough was frozen (I went to sleep, so just handled the next morning), I popped the balls of frozen dough into a freezer safe container (you could also put the dough balls into a freezer bag).

So, simple as that, you have ready made cookie dough all prepped to pop in a pre-heated oven.  All the ease of those tubes they sell in the cooler section of the grocery store, without the crazy taste of tubed cookie dough (am I the only one who thinks they taste like plastic?)

Side note: I always sprinkle a bit of sea salt on my favorite chocolate chip cookie dough balls when I pull them out to bake.  The bit of salt with the sweet is magic to the taste buds.  Promise. 

1 comment: