Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Sweet PoTater Tot Hotdish...oh yes I did!



I am not reinventing the wheel with this dish, but I did basically give it some big, fatty rims with this simple addition.  Holy cow!

A friend's husband just had major surgery, so of course I am sending meals and treats over to lighten their load.  I planned on making chili, enchiladas and thee ol' Minnesota gem of all gems in the hotdish department, Tater Tot Hotdish (I wish there was a way I could bedazzle those sweet sweet words)...so anyhoo, I am at the market, getting ready to grab a bag of standard tater tots when like a slap to the face I noticed SWEET POTATO TOTS!!!!  Wowza!

 Say what!!!

I prepared the standard hotdish (of course I forgot to document this, but if you need a play by play, check yourself...then google it) 

I browned 1 lb of ground beef (93/7) with 1/2 cup diced onions and 1 cup diced mushrooms.  Once that was all ready to go, I added 1 box of cream of mushroom soup concentrate, 8 oz. cream cheese, 1/2 cup sour cream and salt and pepper.  I then added 1 bag of frozen green beans and 1 cup frozen corn.

I put in a baking dish and topped with the sweet potato tots.  Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes.




DelishFest2013.  Promise. 


No comments:

Post a Comment