Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Peanut Rolls...just in time for Christmas!







 Ingredients
  • 1 c Marshmallow Creme/Flugg
  • 3 c Confectioner's Sugar
  • 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract (I use vanilla paste which has flecks of vanilla bean it it)
  • 3 T Butter (soft)
  • 4 c Chopped Peanuts
  • 1 bag of caramel bits
  • 2 T water

In stand mixer, blend
marshmallow, confectioner's sugar, vanilla, butter





For ease, I use a scoop to section out the nougat








Use the palms of your hands to roll scoops into balls



Roll nougat into ~3 inch rolls, and insert a skewer. 
I had large skewers on hand, so cut in half, putting uncut
side into the nougat.  Place in freezer for 20 minutes



Pulse the peanuts in a food processor
(or put peanuts in a plastic bag
and use a rolling pin to crush)



Over medium heat melt the bag of caramel bits and 2 T of water
Dip the frozen nougat in the caramel
 (use a spoon to cover the entire surface, allowing excess to drip off)



Roll caramel covered nougat in crushed peanuts, then place on
a parchment paper lined surface and wiggle the skewer out.
Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks in an air
tight container, seperating each roll with parchment.



So easy!  So delicious! 



5 comments:

  1. Will you please make these when you are home?

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell you how much I love your step by step pictures. I could totally do that. Maybe after the holidays when I've worked off all the cookies I will have to try those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved that candy bar as a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love! Love! Love!
    -Nicole

    ReplyDelete